Cola Soda Pop Play Dough RecipeCall it cola, soda, pop...what have you...we are playing with it! This sensory dough is no-bake and very cool to play with.
We are joining the the 12 months of sensory dough bloggers to bring you a No-Bake play dough recipe this month. You can see TONS of fabulous ideas from these bloggers for all kinds of sensory doughs. They've been mixing up dough for sensory fun all year long and you will definitely want to check them out.
Now it's true that we love mixing up play dough and creating all kinds of concoctions. Crayon play dough, anyone? This month, September brings you no-bake play dough in the sensory dough series and we were more than happy to join in on the fun! We made Cola Play Dough!
No bake play dough recipe:
We started with just a few ingredients. This no-bake recipe is easy, I promise! Flour, salt, cola. And that's it.
Measure out 1 1/4 cups flour. Stir in 2 Tbsp salt. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in 1/2 cup soda. Watch the bubbles.
Stir the mixture until the dough starts to pull together. Then, plop the dough onto a counter or floured surface and knead, knead, knead.
This is such a fun sensory experience for the kids (and mom). The scent of the soda really is noticeable while mixing the dough up.
If your dough is too sticky, add a little more flour until it no longer sticks to your hands.
This dough will last a few weeks in a closed plastic container or plastic bag pouch. You will need to add a bit more flour the longer it sits. It seems to get stickier the longer it sits.
We pulled out a few clear cups and straws to play with our soda pop dough.
Ahhhh, refreshing ;)
The straws were great for poking holes in the dough, too. A great fine motor task!
Don't you want to play?
Looking for more no-bake sensory dough? Be sure to see what the other bloggers in this series have created:
Please read the following guidelines before linking up.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month's theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.
The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, highlighting at least one post from the month before and pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.